Saturday, October 14, 2006

The training wheels come off...

Ben surprised us this week and said he was ready to ride his bike without training wheels. He had a few minor spills along the way but picked up the basics in with just a few trips around the block. Way to go Ben! We are all very proud of him. Here is some video of the exciting occasion. Madison is a bit more cautious in her training but when she's ready, the training wheels will come off and she will do great. I should also mention that I'm also very proud of Madison for "choosing the right" today. To give Ben plenty of room to learn how to ride his bike, we went to our Church's parking lot. Not wanting to feel left out, Madison and Megan brought their bike and tricycle respectively to ride. As soon as we got ready to go, Madison saw a sign that read "No bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades" etc. She stopped and said riding bikes was not allowed and that she didn't want to get in trouble. I said she wouldn't, that no one was around, and proceeded to help Ben. My logic didn't phase her though. She followed the letter of the law and I later realized she chose do to what was right. I let her know how pleased I was that she set a better example for me than I did for her. I went to the parking lot today to teach and ended up learning a lesson on obedience and choice instead. So way to go Madison! We are all proud of her too.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Way to go Ben! that is exciting - keep up the good work - Dana