Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Your Personal Blessing

Blessings; we have so many. But have you reviewed your patriarchal blessing recently? I encourage you to. Find a quiet time. Get out your blessing and pray for inspiration and understanding. These blessings are given by the power of the Holy Spirit and are to be understood by the same Spirit. What we may learn from our blessings depends upon our readiness at given points in our lives. They hold revelatory power for us. I have come to appreciate my blessing more and more as I have tried to follow the Lord to better understand myself and why I am here.

As married partners, our spouses blessings also have great meaning to us. I have found great significance in your mother's (Marita's) blessing. This is because some of her promised blessings pertain to me, since I am her husband. For example, our children are described in her blessing, but not in mine. I have great happiness from the knowledge that you are such choice spirits and were chosen to be borne to us. Each of your spouses, in the same way, have been welcomed into our family as an eternal unit. Each grandchild is welcomed by the parents and grandparents and the joy increases with each new soul. Words are inadequate to express our thankfulness for all of you, our greatest blessings.

As another Christmas approaches and we reflect on the passing year, I hope you will all prayerfully re-read and reflect on your patriarchal blessing. You will find new meaning in it as the Spirit aids your understanding. In times of need, whatever the need, it can lift you with increased light and knowledge.

Merry Christmas,

Dad/Grandpa Edwards

No comments: