Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Birthday

As you know, today is Valentine’s day. And that means it’s Susan’s birthday as well. So to Susan, we wish you a very Happy Birthday!

In celebration of Susan’s birthday, I’ll share some of my memories of her during my early years. Probably my earliest memories happened when we first moved into our then new house. The first few years I shared the bedroom next to Mom & Dad’s room with Emily. I remember most mornings waking up to Susan practicing the piano in the front room. Usually it was some classical piece like a Beethoven or Bach composition. One piano piece she played that stands out was used frequently as background music for the “Smurfs”. Why I remember the part about the Smurfs, I have no idea, but I do recall it being a cool piece of music and thinking how hard it must be to be able to play it. I also know at an early age I was impressed and had the desire to learn more about music and her talents had a part to play in that desire. I have always appreciated the fact that Susan always worked hard whether it was for school studies or music practice. She set a great example in diligence and sticking to a goal and that continues to this day (raising a family, running/exercise regimen, CPA, etc.).

Thanks Susan for being a great daughter/sister/wife/mother/aunt for all of us! We hope this day is extra special for you!

No comments: