Saturday, January 09, 2010

A Big THANK YOU!

Mom & Dad asked that I post this message:

Dear children, spouses, and grandchildren,

Your Mother/Grandma and I, Father/Grandpa have been so wonderfully blessed by all of you in making our 50th Wedding Anniversary such a transcendently beautiful and heavenly occasion. We know the great effort you all made to make the. We are aware of the sacrafices of time, expense, comfort, and also the risks taken to come here. We will treasure this event through the eternities.

As you may know, your mother's patriarchal blessing indicates that she (and by extension, I) would be blessed with wonderful children in our home. And it has been so. And also all of our children have through their righteous lives chosen wonderful spouses. all of you have brought wonderful children into your own homes. Our blessings continue as you all are teaching your children to be faithful to our Lord Jesus Christ by loving and serving Him.

I and your Mother are aware of the travel risks Susan/Billy and children, and Melinda/Jeff and children took traveling as you did far across the country through cold and icy road conditions. Not only that, but also the expenses you incurred in time away from business and travel expenses. We also know that you Arizona children have spent much time and expense in preparing this event:

Dana, Pam and kids for making so many long trips from Deer Valley to Mesa so many times and for hosting grandchildren and helping with the hikes and other activites way over there.

Scott and Amy for being so devoted and careful and planning and coordinating events and preparing the old slide fotos of our family events and history to be shown by projection. Just great and a lot of memories came back to Mom and I through these pictures.

Emily and Dale for helping Scott in the planning. And conducting the activities and the scavenger hunt with automobile tours of the town (how creative and fun was that!) and of hosting the games and dinner at the residential activity center in their area. We were impressed by the games planned and prepared for all the age groups from the tots to the adults. It was a great and fun night we will always cherish.

And finally, the sumptuous dinner at Ansio Landing near Falcon Field. Mom and I had never seen a menu like that one. It was so much fun sitting around the large table telling stories and swapping jokes. It was the nicest dinner party we have ever attended. A lot of $$$ were spent there. I was concerned about what the tab must have been. Without asking, we say to all of you THANK YOU! so much.

Mother and I have lived and continue to live a dream. We know many people who have wonderful families. We know of no others who have a greater more blessed posterity than ours. Keep making us look good.

Love, Mom and Dad/ Grammy and Grandpa

No comments: