Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Christmas 2007

Dad has asked that I post this message to the website. I gladly consent. Thanks Dad!

From Dad/Mom, Grandpa, Grandma Edwards to All of the Family:

As the Christmas comes and goes and the new year arrives, it always brings special thoughts about all of you, our children, spouses, and grandchildren. Each individual brings unique and treasured happiness and blessings unbounded into our lives.

This year on Christmas day, there was a special feeling in our home. As we gathered in our living room, there was a cosiness and happiness among all, Dana, Pam, Christin, Alex, Sarah, Ryan, plus Jared, Christin's intended, and Scott, Amy, and Madison, Ben, Megan, and Blake, and Mom/Grandma and I. We sat together exchanging gifts, talking, laughing, watching the grandchildren, and just feeling the special delight of togetherness at Christmas. All were content, no one seemed to want to leave. I will treasure this feeling. It made me realize more fully what we have as a family. I felt a special love and happiness for and from each of you. Each one of you is so very precious to us.

And I know that Susan and Billy and Jared, Nicholas, Spencer, Adam, Daniel, Thomas, and Natalie as well as Melinda, Jeff, Jake, Juliette, Jolie, and Savanah, and Emily, Dale, Melanie, and Trixie, all of whom couldn't be with us, were included within our hearts and home.

Each of us has such great cause to be thankful. My hope is that we can show our thankfulness by living and sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ more fully this new year, thus securing for ourselves the continuing happiness that can come in no other way.

Have, indeed, A Happy New Year!

Dad and Grandpa Edwards

Here are some pictures of the festivities. Click to enlarge:

I echo Dad's comments. It was great to spend time with the family last week. I wish we could have all been together!

1 comment:

Dana said...

thanks Dad - Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you. We enjoyed visiting with everyone and missed the Choats, Jones and Jensens. Hope to see you all soon - Love Dana