I have important news for all our family members. It concerns your Aunt Carol Carrington, who is my sister. She is the middle sister between Aunt Mary and Aunt Dawn. Carol has lived in in Virginia for nearly forty years. I called her this week for the first time in many years. The call was prompted by a message I received from Aunt Dawn and Aunt Mary regarding Aunt Carol's husband Cal. He was striken with brain cancer not too long ago. We recently learned of it. When I learned that Cal's death was expect within days, I called Carol to express sympathy, and to reconnect with her after such a long time. She seemed weak and it was hard for me to understand all she said. Naturally she has been in shock and mourning. I told her about all of you and your families. She told me a little bit about her children. She said she was planning to stay in Virginia; her life is there. She is well off financially. Her daughter Claudia lives about two hours from her home, so she is a support. Aunt Mary and Uncle Ray have kept somewhat in touch with Carol over the years. She expressed gratitude for their kindness and concern for her. I also learned that Aunt Carol, who is now 78, had a slight stroke sometime ago, so that may account for her limited ability to communicate. I hope all of you, even though you don't know Aunt Carol, will offer prayers for her and her children. There is much more to Aunt Carol's story, but it is too long and involved to discuss here. Neither Mary, Dawn, or I plan to attend Cal's funeral.
Saturday, June 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment